Romancing in India is a luxurious 13 Day itinerary designed for couples and honeymooners. It covers 6 unique destinations: Delhi- Varanasi- Khajuraho- Agra- Jaipur Udaipur- Mumbai and unique experiences each city has to offer. We have also hand picked the most luxurious hotels for you to enjoy in each city. The itinerary covers 12 days, about 2 nights in each city. Just long to enough to tantalise your travel taste buds with the best each place has to offer.
Day 01 Delhi:
Arrive in Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi. Traditional welcome with tilak* (putting a vermillion spot on the forehead by a lady dressed in a traditional dress – Saree) and fresh flower garland and transfer to Hotel Maurya Sheraton.
Indian Cuisine dinner at the gorgeous “ Varq “ Restaurant at Tajmahal Hotel.
Day 02, Delhi:
Things to do in Delhi:
1.Visit the mausoleum of the second Mughal Emperor Humayun built under the supervision of his widow, Hamida Bano Begum, during the reign of Emperor Akbar.
2. In the afternoon go for a heritage walk through the Old Delhi and take photos of the Red Fort of Delhi, the Grand Jama Masjid built by Emperor Shahjahan.
3. Enjoy the English version of the sound and light show at the Red Fort of Delhi.
And all that walking has to be followed by a sumptuous Moghul Cuisine dinner at the Bukhara Restaurant of Maurya Sheraton Hotel.
Day 03, Delhi – Varanasi
A must visit to the National Museum near India Gate in the morning.
Afternoon fly to Varanasi – one of oldest Hindu Holy Cities in the World, on the banks of the Ganges river.
Stay at the Taj Ganges Hotel
In the evening relax at the Princep Bar and dine with a “ Satvik Thali” – a vegetarian platter of finest Indian dishes of Varanasi.
Day 04, Varanasi:
Start with an early morning Boat ride on the Ganges and enjoy a gorgeous sunrise here.
Great sights : Sarnath – Buddha preached his first sermon here and the Bharat Kala Bhawan which is within the campus of the Varanasi Hindu University.
Enjoy a special Vegetarian Indian or a continental Dinner at the Radisson Hotel
Day 05, Varanasi - Khajuraho
Today rise at leisure and enjoy breakfast. Relax within the holy air of Varanasi and later after lunch fly to temple village of Khajuraho.
Stay here at the gorgeous Chandela Hotel
Khajuraho is a serene quiet village. Walk through the exquisite temples built during the 10th and 11th Century by the Chandela Dynasty Rajput Kings who were lovers of art. You would see through exotic cluster of temples which have great carvings on the exterior walls depicting the life and times of that amazing era. The carvings attracts people for carvings on Kamasutra – art of making love.
Day 06, Khajuraho – Jhansi – Agra:
Rise early to enjoy a walk through the temples and imbibe a lesson on Kamasutra here.
Later drive to the historical town of Bundelkhand – Jhansi which is famous for the valor of the Queen who died fighting the British. She jumped with her horse from the ramparts of the Gwalior Fort and did not surrender !
Lunch at a cozy Orcha Resort followed by a train ride to Agra. Stay at the exquisite Amar Vilas Hotel. Many suites and rooms is this hotel have unforgettable views of the Tajmahal.
Day 07, Agra:
Things to do here :
- Visit the TajMahal during Sunrise and Sunset – believe it or not, it looks different at different times of the day
- See Pietra Dura – the art of inlay work in marble in a factory where you will find the descendants of the 300 year old artisans who worked on the entire inlay work of Tajmahal
Dinner and overnight in Hotel Amar Vilas
Day 08, Agra – Fatehpur Sikri- Jaipur: ( Drive )
Activities today :
Breakfast at leisure and drive to Fatehpur Sikri , the red stone capital city of emperor Akbar. Amazing mini township which has a huge entrance, mosque and temple for the Hindu queen of the Emperor named Jodha, Harems.
Lunch at the beautiful Laxmi Niwas Palace at Bharatpur
Continue drive to Jaipur and check in at Raj Vilas Hotel.
Special dinner at the Hotel’s restaurant with live Rajasthan Folk music. Ladies can enjoy getting a temporary tattoo on hand done by a paste of Mehndi plant leaves. An artist will make a beautiful floral design with the paste and when it dries up, a lovely dark brown colored tattoo will be seen.
Day 09, Jaipur–Amber-Udaipur: FLY
Interesting things to do here in Jaipur are :
- Visit Amber Fort which is at a hilltop. Sprawling Fort which seated the kingdom of Mirza Raja Jai Singh who later founded Jaipur Pink city. Enjoy an Elephant back ride to visit the Fort.
- Visit the famous observatory to read the position of the sun and the moon. It was built by Maharaja Jai Singh.
- Lunch at the Hotel and transfer to the airport for a flight to Udaipur.
- A warm welcome with marigold garland at Hotel Udai Vilas
- A relaxing cruise on the Lake Pichola by a rowing boat in the afternoon before dusk
Day 10, Udaipur:
- Visit the City Palace.
- Lunch & dinner at the Lake Palace and Shiv Niwas Palace
Day 11, Udaipur – Ranakpur temple excursion:
Activities today would be an interesting drive to the world famous Jain religion temples made of marble. Jains are one of the leading trader community of Rajasthan. It would be a day trip there driving 90 km one way.
Day 12, Udaipur-Mumbai: FLY
The last leg of the tour is to the financial capital of India. It is also the hub of Indian feature films and TV production.
Stay at the gorgeous The Oberoi Trident Hotel
Interesting activities here :
- Visit the Prince of Wales Museum
- Mahatma Gandhi’s home – Mani Bhawan
- Visiting Film Studios
- A soothing massage at the Spa
- Lunch at the Gallops Restaurant in the Mumbai Race Course.
- Dinner at the Taj Mahal Palace which is annex to the Gateway of India.
And that completes our very informative and exciting 12 days of touring this enchanting country. Time to say good-bye!